Your right to privacy is important to us. We are keen to strike a fair balance between your privacy and ensuring that you obtain full value from the internet and the products and services we may be able to offer you.
What we do
We are a privately-owned Wedding Venue offering planning, venue, catering and drinks service to our clients on their wedding day.
Data we collect
We will request information such as your name and contact details (including address, postcode, telephone number and email address) when you choose to use our online contact form or email us directly.
We need to collect this data to be able to provide you information on our services. It also helps us to personalise and send relevant information in any emails. The legal basis for collecting this data is defined as ‘Legitimate Interest’ as per Recital 47 of Article 6 (1) (f) of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), as it is reasonable for you to expect us to contact you regarding your enquiry after emailing us or filling in our online enquiry form. We do not collect ‘sensitive data’ about you (as specified in Article 9 of the GDPR as data about racial or ethnic origin, political opinions and religious beliefs).
You do not need to provide us with any Personal Data if you do not want to, however we will be unable to contact you regarding your enquiry.
We may send you marketing communications relating to our services and Open Days we think may be of interest to you by email, by post or telephone if you have stated your preferences on your original enquiry. You may inform us at any time if you no longer require this communication. Please note we send a very low volume of marketing emails, usually 2-4 a year.’
We will not supply your information to Third Parties, but we will retain your personal data for up to 12 months from the date of your first enquiry or for 24 months from our last communication with you if you enter into an Agreement with us. The reasons we retain your personal data for this period are as follows:
- We may offer new services from time to time and we will update you if we believe the information is of interest.
- We may hold events from time to time that may be of interest to you.
- We have more information to refer to if you contact us in the future.
- We need this information if we are providing a service to you.
How we store your data and information
We make reasonable efforts to keep your data and information safe. This means where we store this information electronically, we keep all our software up to date and use up to date security software.
Under GDPR you have certain rights regarding your personal information. We have detailed below the rights that apply to the data we collect:
- Right to be informed- you have the right to know what happens to your personal data.
- Right of access –to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it
- Right to rectification –to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- Right to erasure– to have your personal information erased.
- Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information
- Right to data portability – to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
- Right to object – to object to processing of your personal information
How to contact us
Postal Address: South Farm Ltd, Shingay-cum-Wendy, Royston, Herts SG8 0HR
Protecting the security of all personal information associated with our clients is of the utmost concern to us. Once we receive your communication, we will take reasonable precautions to ensure its security on our systems. Unfortunately, no data transmitted over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of our client’s personal information and maintain their privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of such personal information.
A data breach is where someone gains unauthorised access to the data we hold. Should we become aware of any breach of the data we hold, we endeavour to inform affected customers by email within 48 working hours of ascertaining which customers may have been affected.
The data controller
The data controller is South Farm Ltd, Shingay-cum-Wendy, Royston, Herts SG8 0HR