FIGARO – Weddings, Proms and Special Occasion, Chauffeured Hire “Mr Plum” and “Miss Lily ”
BEEP BEEP! … Literally translated from Figaro speak means “Hello!” – and if you haven’t come across one of these cute retro cars before, here are some little Figgy Facts:
- Named from Le Nozze di Figaro, a leading character in a Mozart Opera
- Only 20,000 were ever made in Japan and demand was so high you had to buy a lottery ticket to buy one !!
- Only four colours were originally available symbolising the four seasons (Topaz Mist, Emerald Green, Pale Aqua and Lapis Grey)
- Mr Plum used to be Lapis Grey before he became the shade of plummy Purple, and with a lovely new paint respray he is getting ready for lots of special occasions and shows.
- Miss Lily also used to be Grey, but is now a pretty Devon Cream shade and an ideal wedding car or photographic backdrop.
- They are now 25 years old. So not brand new, but young in their happy smiley looks!
- Photographers will have fun at your wedding with such motoring models, as they are a little different, and stand out from the crowd.
FIGAROS ALWAYS GO THE EXTRA “s…mile” !
HELLO, PLEASE MEET… MR PLUM AND MISS LILY THE CHARMING FIGAROS…
I first saw a Figaro about 20 years ago and you could say it was Love at First Sight! It’s cute looks, retro design and very 1950’s styling set it apart from all the other cars I had originally hankered after. Having done some further research, I found out that only 20,000 Figaros were ever produced in Japan in 1990-91 and that if you wanted one at that time they had to be purchased by raffle ticket!
Thus, the dream of owning one was born. In the summer of 2012, my dream became a reality. I became the owner of Mr Plum, a rather charming little Figaro with purple livery and smiley chrome eyelids! He became our wedding car at our vintage styled wedding and was very popular with guests and photographers.
After the wedding and many comments about how fab he would be at other peoples weddings, I decided that Mr Plum would love to continue to go to weddings and be a retro wedding vehicle with a difference. He was soon joined by “Lily” the Devon Cream coloured Figaro, and together they make a “Mr and Mrs” for weddings and special occasions. Lily has a lovely little wooden boot rack upon which bridal flowers can be placed, and when bedecked with their wedding ribbons and wedding signs (you don’t have to have these but they are available to use) they encourage people to smile and wave. They are head turners in a very unshowy off way!
They would suit a vintage or retro wedding, something unique and something different for brides, grooms or bridesmaids. Perhaps the Mother of the Bride to make an entrance maybe, or for bridesmaids to arrive at the venue in and cause a bit of a wow! They can also be “props” for your wedding, and turn up just for photos! Mr Plum and Lily are now 25 years old so expect the character with a car their age, they aren’t brand new, but they have that lovely old car smell of aged leather.
We prefer to tailor the prices to your requirements, so do pop Mr Plum and Lily a question. They both wish you all the very best for your special day. Beep Beep!
Please open for further information and the rates: FIGARO RATES 2017-18