6 months before
- Choose your bridesmaids dress if you haven’t already
- Choose and order wedding invitations and any additional stationery such as menu cards and order of service – if you are having these.
- Make sure all your suppliers are finalised, discuss important details like flowers with your florist and your cake with your cake maker, and organise a cake-tasting.
- Make sure your passports are up to date for your honeymoon and organise any travel immunisations if necessary
- Finalise your wedding transport plans – at South Farm we can recommend car hire and local taxi and coach companies so just let us if you are looking at different options
- Finalise your guest list and make sure you have all your guest address details
3-4 months before
- Decide on your menu choices. At South Farm all our couples booking a bespoke wedding are invited to a menu tasting in the preceding winter before their wedding which is a lovely opportunity for couples to taste lots of food from our menus. If you would like something off-menu then don’t hesitate to let us know and you can talk to the chefs and we can devise something special to suit.
- Send out your wedding invitations to your guests, don’t forget to ask guests if they have any dietary requirements so you can inform your venue and if you are having a multi-choice menu you will need to ask each guest their menu preference.
- Shop for and order your wedding rings!
- Organise your dress fittings with your dress maker / bridal shop and Organise any adjustments for your bridesmaids dresses
- Source your accessories, shoes, tiara, jewellery etc.
- Book a hair and make-up artists and plan a trial with each of them
- Source and order favours and any gifts for family members, bridesmaids and groomsmen
At South Farm we invite all couples in for a detailed planning meeting 3-4 months before their wedding date when we go through exactly how they would like to their day to be. We go through the finer details for the day and make sure all your wishes and timings are meticulously documented so that on the day you can just relax and enjoy your special day with your loved ones safe in the knowledge that our staff will look after you and your guests and make sure your wishes are carried out exactly.
See our next blog, which will be published soon, for your wedding countdown with 8 weeks to go!